[Note: This site is dedicated to helping people overcome internet pornography addiction and liberating themselves from masturbation.]
The Problem: I just bought an Iphone cellular device complete with internet surfing. I live in Israel and the cellular phone providers (Orange, Pelephone, etc) give you full surfing capabilities but offer no Iphone site filtering (Parental Control) service at all. The result is that you have a great phone but the Safari web browser, which comes with the Iphone, is unrestricted and will deliver any images and movies.
Below you will find:
- General Explanation of Iphone Site Filtering
- Short Tech Explanation to Install Iphone Site Filtering
- Detailed Step-By-Step explanation on how to set up Iphone Site Filtering
- How to change Iphone restrictions password
- 5) Additional Notes.
1) General explanation of Iphone Site Filtering:
We will download to the Iphone a different Web browser called "bsecure" that comes with Iphone site filtering automatically installed. Then we will hide the Safari browser button making it inaccessible unless you have a password. Thus, "bsecure" will replace "Safari" as your Iphone web browser.
2) Short Tech Explanation to Install Iphone Site Filtering
- Go to the Itunes Apps Store (either on your Iphone or on the Itunes Software in your computer) and download and install "bsecure mobile browser." The icon will appear on your Iphone touch screen. This will now be your Iphone browser.
- On your Iphone, go to Settings/General/Restrictions/Enable Restrictions. You will be called upon to select a 4-digit passcode. JewishSexuality.com site advisory says that only the wife or a friend should have the passcode, and a man should just tell his wife, "Honey, this is the way G-d created men, and I don't want the tempation."
- We recommend turning off both Safari and Youtube.
- On upper left, click "General" and you are done. Next time you access Restrictions, you will need to have your wife punch in the passcode.
- See Additional Notes below
3) Step by step guide to install Iphone Site Filtering:
- Go to the Itunes Apps Store and search for "bsecure." It shows up as "bsecure mobile browser." Note: Though you can probably do this via the Itunes App store on your Iphone, I plugged my Iphone into my computer and when the Itunes software automatically is launched, I clicked on "Itunes Store" in the left column. Then I searched for "bsecure" in the search box on the upper right which says "Search Store."
- When Itunes displays the bsecure Application, simply click on the word "free" and it will download into your computer. If you are doing this on the Iphone itself, then the icon should already appear on your touch screen. If you downloaded this like I did into your computer, then you must "synch" with your Iphone. Do this in the Itunes software on your computer by going to the "File" menu, and clicking "Synch Iphone." When the synch process is done, you will see the "bsecure" icon on your Iphone touch screen.
- Now we must hide the Safari browser. On your Iphone touch screen, go to "settings", then select "General" then select "Restrictions." Select Enable Restrictions and you will be called upon to set a 4-digit password. [JewishSexuality.com staff advises that only your wife and the girls in your home know this password. G-d created us men a little different.]
- Once inside the Restrictions settings, click on the "On" button next to Safari thereby switching it to "off." We suggest you do the same for YouTube.
- Now just tap on the word "General" on the top left of the screen and you are done.
- The next time that you try to access restrictions, you will have to punch in the code.
- See Additional Notes below
4) How to change Iphone restrictions password
- Go to Settings/General/Restrictions.
- Click on Disable Restrictions. you will be prompted to type in the old passcode.
- Click on Enable Restrictions. Type in the new passcode. Confirm it by retyping it.
- Reset the restrictions (Turn off Safari and YouTube.)
5) Additional Notes
- There are surely other ways to enable Iphone site filtering, but we are simply not familiar with them. If you find something better, let us know. Write me
- We don't call Site filtering "Parental control" for the simple reason that Jewish sources teach us that no healthy normal man is to be trusted in this regard. Rather Judaism teaches us that we should erect guards around to us to restrict ourselves from being exposed to temptation. So, just like you won't place a Playboy magazine on your coffee table and trust house members and yourself not to open it, so to you restrict access to pornography on your home and mobile internet access.
- See also Site filtering for home internet.